Linux Distributions In Depth
·Mar 12, 2022·
1 min read
Play this article
What is Distro?
Linux has various Distributions/Distros of operating systems in which each flavor of Linux distro (distribution) is meant for a particular purpose. for example
- Ubuntu Desktop: General Purpose
- Kali Linux: Hacking Purpose
- Parrot OS: Hacking Purpose
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux: Enterprise Purpose
- Arch Linux: Geeky People and Advance Users
- BlackArch Linux: Penetration Testing
Like this, depending on purpose we can select one particular Linux Distro/ Flavor/ Distribution.
The Distributions/Distros are divided based on package managers used.
Distros used by Users
Others -> openSUSE, elementary OS, Chrome OS, CentOS